Wednesday, February 4, 2015

wed. night paintin'

It is (was) wednesday! That means painting night! I was digging for some reference when I remembered this cool picture a local photographer friend had taken. I saved it to my phone and thought "this would make a cool painting". I set up my phone, turned the auto-lock off and got to work! 

This is probably the first painting I have made where I am super-excited about the outcome, and during the whole process I had a clear direction, and an idea where I wanted the piece to go. It was awesome! 

After the hour it took to paint, I wasn't in the mood to paint another panel. So I grabbed my sketchbook and sketched one of the women who was working. She is very animated when she works and made a great subject. 

[painting: oil paints on 8x10 gessobord panel]
[sketch: pilot V5 pen with PITT cool gray markers, and white gel pen in a NEW Strathmore Toned Gray Sketchbook]






No comments:

Post a Comment