Sunday, May 24, 2015

Canandaigua Boathouses part 73

I've tried and tried to get these historic boathouses drawn well a few times now. I think they keep getting easier and easier, but this time was no different. 

I scheduled a meetup and had a few artists meet me out for an afternoon of drawing on Canandaigua's City Pier. I plopped myself down and tried to capture the beauty of these crooked, well-loved floating homes. They are so unique, and old, with a ton of character. I especially like all of the wire hanging from pole to pole. They are an interesting tangled mess. For temporary homes, they seem to have a lot of need for wires! 

Drawing 1:
-I used a pencil to plan out my attack and a thicker nib Lamy Safari for my lines. I added some watercolor as well--trying to be patient and not have my sketch turn to mud. 

Drawing 2:
-Same subject but I tried a "single line" drawing. I started on the left and cruised to the right with only one line. If I missed something, so be it--keep on going! 

Drawing 3:
I parked myself under a shady tree with some may flies and people galore. There was a bench situated right in front of me and people would come and go making perfect models! 

[pentel pencil, namiki falcon (and all of my pens!) with DeArtementis Document ink, D+S watercolors in a S+B Zeta sketchbook]






No comments:

Post a Comment