Sunday, May 10, 2015

NY Transportation Museum

On the way to a friends house I saw a sign for the Transportation Museum. I thought "What a cool place to sketch!". I emailed the owner/curator and he was more than happy to have some happy sketchers out to his place! 

When we got there words cannot describe the place. I thought it was as if your grandfather had a REALLY BIG garage and attic and he collected train, bus and car stuff. He then just laid it around kind of haphazardly and worked on the collection when he could. Leaving tools here and there, and piles of parts in aisle and aisles of dark cinder block walled buildings. It was quite spectacular! 

It was too nice of a day outside so Genine and I planted ourselves outdoors and sketched some of the pieces they had by the entrance. I picked the "Buffalo Springfield" (no, not the band) and attempted a large sketch of it. The sketch was ok, but the watercolors came out a little, well, off. Oh well, that's why we learn. 


[pentel pencil, namiki falcon with DeArtementis Document ink, D+S watercolors in a S+B Zeta sketchbook]






No comments:

Post a Comment