Friday, June 12, 2015

Garbage pile

With the Finger Lakes Plein Air competition in town, I volunteered to help out with art intake, serving at the gala and setup. After one night of helping out I noticed this awesome pile of junk behind the carriage house at Sonnenburg Gardens. We got done earlier than planned so I scampered back there and got sketching! I was intrigued by the white chair so I thought the gray paper would be a good choice. I camped out and captured this neat behind the scene view.

A few nights later I was back at the same location and a rainstorm slowed down the intake of artwork--so I had some time to kill! I attempted to sketch the pile again, but rain drops and an awkward pose stopped me early. I finished up the other layers of paint at home.  




No comments:

Post a Comment